Our world is in the midst of adapting to a new normal. At Kids Corner , we pride ourselves on going above and beyond recommended procedures and doing all that we can to ensure that our team and families are safe.
Through our commitment to keeping staff and children healthy, happy and safe, you can look for the following at Kids Corner:
- Handwashing and sanitizing. Everyone who enters the building will need to wash their hands, and we’ll continue to integrate handwashing into the curriculum. Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the center.
- Follow CDC travel guidance. As states and countries lift their restrictions, please pay close attention to CDC guidance around travel to specific regions. If you travel to these regions, you will need to follow CDC guidance for quarantining yourself and your family before returning to school.
- Stay home if sick. If you or your child has been sick, we ask that all household members stay home until they’ve been symptom-free and without medication for at least 72 hours.
- Same person drop-off and pick-up. Families are asked to assign one family member to drop off and pick up to minimize the sharing and transfer of unwanted germs. If this is not possible, we ask parents to call the center upon arrival and the staff will bring children in from, and out to the car.
- Protective equipment. All teachers will be required to wear masks.
- Health screening and temperature checks. All staff will be asked to take their temperature each day and must be fever-free before arriving. When parents arrive at check-in, we’ll ask them to sanitize their hands and sign a daily waiver. Teachers will take the child’s temperature with the center’s no-touch thermometer.
- Restricted classroom access. To minimize potential exposure, we ask that families not walk your child to their classroom when you arrive. Staff will walk your child to their classroom. Classrooms will be reserved for teachers and children only.
- Social distancing. We’ll continue to practice social distancing as much as possible to reduce risk.
- Classroom cleanliness. Toys, playground equipment, and other high-touch surfaces will be regularly disinfected and rotated throughout the day. We will pause the use of sensory tables, play dough, large pillows or stuffed animals, and other materials that are difficult to clean.
- Naptime adjustments. Children will continue to sleep (without masks) six feet apart whenever possible and be positioned alternating head to toe or toe to toe. Bedding will be laundered nightly. No stuffed toys and personal items will be allowed at this time.
- Playground restrictions. Outdoor play structures will be utilized by one class at a time, with increased time between play to allow for cleaning.