The ‘Caterpillar Classroom’, is designed specifically for our 2 – 3 year old students.
Our caterpillar program is designed with your toddler in mind. Our play-based curriculum, toys and learning materials are designed to spark the interest and learning of your 2 to 3 year old.
During this stage of development, your preschooler is beginning to learn more about themselves and how to establish and sustain positive relationships.
Imagination and exploration are rewarded in our caterpillar classroom environment. Most two to three year -olds are filled with energy and curiosity, and interest in the world around them. At Kids Corner Preschool and Childcare we use that spirit of imagination and exploration to help our students develop emotionally, socially, cognitively and physically.
A few areas we develop:
- Greeting peers and adults when requested
- Expressing affection physically and verbally
- Comforting others who are in distress
- And more
- Counts to three
- Beginning to identify colors
- Demonstrating an awareness of classroom routines
- Identifying familiar objects by touch
- Looking at a book independently and commenting on pictures
- Sequencing actions into meaningful order
- And more
- Moving up and down a small slide independently
- Standing on tip toes for several seconds
- Jumping over small objects
- And more
* The milestones above provide a limited list as an example of the developmental milestones we assess. As with all milestones, remember that there can be a 6 to 8 month window with typical development. This means that children may exhibit skills 6 to 8 months before or after the age the skills are listed under.
|6:30 am - 8:30 am||Breakfast*, free choice, inside play|
|8:30 am - 8:45 am||Morning story and circle time|
|8:45 am - 9:15 am||Outside play**/Playtime in class|
|9:15 am - 9:30 am||Hand washing and morning snack time|
|9:30 am - 10:45 am||Class time (Play-based academic curriculum)|
|10:45 am - 11:30 am||Outside play**/Playtime in class|
|11:30 am - 11:35 am||Handwashing|
|11:35 am - 12:00 pm||Lunch*|
|12:00 pm - 2:00 pm||Naptime|
|2:00 pm - 3:00 pm||Outside play**/Playtime in class|
|3:00 pm - 3:05 pm||Hand washing|
|3:05 pm - 3:15 pm||Afternoon snack time|
|3:15 pm - 4:15 pm||Class time (Play-based academic curriculum)|
|4:15 pm - 5:15 pm||Outside play**/Playtime in class|
|5:15 pm - 5:30 pm||Evening story and circle time|
|5:30 pm - 6:30 pm||Quiet centers and table time|
Caterpillar – March, 2019